I thought I should share this with everyone that has been looking at the response from the left and portrayed by the media.
This came from a stumping speech given by Bozeman Senator Hawks that stopped in Townsend to tell our commissioner and the people of this county how bad things are in the legislature and with the tea party republicans.
The top of the handout at this meeting said this. “For your reading pleasure, here are some of the major pieces of legislation that have been put forward by the Tea Party Republicans who are now in control of the legislature. This is not a joke. These are real bills and they are currently taking priority in the Montana legislature. Enjoy.”
The handout continued to go through a list of 18 bills with a censured short title of each bill. Here are a couple examples of that list.
2. Create fully armed militia in every town (House Bill 278
3. Allow legislators to carry weapons in the capitol (Senate Bill 279)
9. Eliminate all state incentives for developing wind power (House Bill 244)
12. Give Sheriffs authority over the federal government in terror investigations (Senate Bill 114)
The list continued on and we are sure that the meeting was set to discuss these listed bills, but our tea party tenacity to aggravate those that need it prevented them from discussing this agenda.
FYI, For those of you that remember we had the speakers come from Idaho to speak about racism and the tea party movement being a terrorist organization needing watching. That meeting was held some time back here in Townsend. One of the Democratic organizers of that event informed me that there is a professor from Idaho doing research on that issue with the tea party movement and the connection with the supremacists.
Mark your calendars and join together on the 4th to send our Anti American Governor a message about the nullification and the pushing back of government intrusions of our lives here in Montana. Come support those legislators that are carrying bills that we have promoting our sovereignty and insuring our freedom to keep and bear arms across Montana.
1. This is an open carry event. To comply with the permit, all weapons must be unloaded. This event is not the place or time to challenge the 2nd Amendment violation of Helena but will be the foundation for that challenge.
2. The Tenth Amendment will provide relief for the people of this state as long as we continue to stand for sovereignty and push back the federal government that is infringing on our basic rights.
3. We always have fun and remain safe in our events, and that is something that we are all proud of.